Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Murray River
07-10-2013, 05:48 AM
Murray River
Hi all. I am looking for some info. on the Murray River. I have been planning a trip up the river to the falls for some time. Can anyone tell me where the closest launch, river level info. can this river be run at most times of the year, etc. Thanks for the info.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2013, 07:20 AM
RE: Murray River
(07-10-2013 05:48 AM)Toddco Wrote:  Hi all. I am looking for some info. on the Murray River. I have been planning a trip up the river to the falls for some time. Can anyone tell me where the closest launch, river level info. can this river be run at most times of the year, etc. Thanks for the info.

We launched at Tumbler ridge. Parking lot was small, busy and full that day. Took about 2-3 hours to get up to the falls , but we stopped many times.

The was lots of water. A few small channels to pick from around some islands. There was one log jam that was a tight squeeze coming back down.

We also went downstream the next day through the canyon. Made it about halfway down to the Pine Junction. Took a walk from the river up a creek to some falls- can't remember the name of the falls right now.

The river level monitor on the Murray has not worked since last summer. No info there.

Pretty country - worth the trip.
07-10-2013, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2013 02:01 PM by Dodgeman.)
We went up there for the first time on Monday. We launched from Tumbler, but you can also put in on the Quintette mine road at the bridge there. The launch is definately not as steep on the mine road but there is no concrete pad. At the Tumbler launch you definately need 4wd as it is very steep. Probably about 15mins from Tumbler to the mine rd bridge on the water. It took an hour and twenty minutes, non stop at a fairly slow pace. There was only one spot that was tight by a log jam right now, but later on I could imagine there might be a few more. Definately some shallow spots. Beautiful trip and we will be going back for sure. Hope this helps.
07-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Hey guys, just planning on taking the wife and kids up there in the next few weeks, water levels should be fine? anything to really worry about?
07-15-2013, 08:23 AM
(07-15-2013 08:15 AM)Selly19 Wrote:  Hey guys, just planning on taking the wife and kids up there in the next few weeks, water levels should be fine? anything to really worry about?

I will let you know. We are leaving the Taylor launch tomorrow. (Tuesday) and will be making our way to the falls over the next few days. We plan on being on the water for about 4-5 days. There will be no water issue for you. I heard that it is nice and clear now, so fishing should be great as well.

Bad Decisions Make Good Stories. wrecked
07-22-2013, 08:55 AM
We just got back on Saturday afternoon. No issues at all with water levels, there is lots of water on the Murray. The trip will be very easy for you.

Bad Decisions Make Good Stories. wrecked
07-25-2013, 09:45 AM
(07-10-2013 05:48 AM)Toddco Wrote:  Hi all. I am looking for some info. on the Murray River. I have been planning a trip up the river to the falls for some time. Can anyone tell me where the closest launch, river level info. can this river be run at most times of the year, etc. Thanks for the info.

powerboatsmilie:power:The best launch to use is the launch at tumbler as the launch at quintette is questionable pending on your boat type as for the river the level is dropping but is still very runable just have to watch above the third bridge up as there are a few interesting spots that just wake you up from the trip / down river on the other hand can be very interesting if you know what i mean powerboatsmiliepowerboatsmilie

But it is deffinetly worth the trip

the down river falls that you walked into is either tee-pee creek or
Bergeron if you were above the canyon it was Bergeron .

Safe Boating