Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Peace Island Boat Launch
04-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Peace Island Boat Launch
I was down at the launch this evening and was informed that the launch will be open for the weekend. But be prepared, terrible logistics for backing in. You can no longer make a loop and back straight in. You must drive towards the launch, turn to the left and back in 90 degrees to your blind side. This will be a task even for a seasoned veteran like Gord. By the looks of things if you have anything longer than a single cab and a 16ft boat you will have a struggle. I will have pictures to follow. Judge for yourself or let me know what you think after the weekend. Doesnt look like 3+ million of thought went into it......where did they piss it all away?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2013, 09:09 PM
RE: Peace Island Boat Launch
So you don't think that 2 trucks/trailers down at the same time? I run a dually, so this should be fun.

Bad Decisions Make Good Stories. wrecked
04-17-2013, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2013 09:18 PM by fsjredneck.)
View bottom up and top down

I tried to upload a video of the water flow but it still looks like the angle is wrong without the break wall. I have a picture instead. But the good news is it will be open this weekend and Sunday looks like +9!

(04-17-2013 09:09 PM)REPO Wrote:  So you don't think that 2 trucks/trailers down at the same time? I run a dually, so this should be fun.

Definitely room for 2 wide, 3 if you involve the "right" people but getting backed in and turning around there isn't alot of room. I sure hope I'm wrong but looking at it tonight it looks like i would have fun with the dually and 21ft. The wife even made a comment "looks like i wont be backing you in anymore"

Attached File(s) Image(s)

04-17-2013, 09:22 PM
I might drive down there tomorrow and back my truck down there just to see how much room there is.

Bad Decisions Make Good Stories. wrecked
04-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Still equipment and security down there. I had to walk in and wasn't really supposed to. May have to wait until the weekend or at the very least friday.
04-21-2013, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 06:07 PM by Radical1.)

Barbara Dawne Stevenson-Bell's Photo from Facebook

Keep it right side up!