Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Our new boat launch
04-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Our new boat launch
Is it just me, or did they remove the break wall by mistake? It looked good while it was there, but now the current looks awful. are they leaving it likr that?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Our new boat launch
I was going to drive down there tomorrow and look around, I understand its almost done. Not sure what you mean by break wall? If you meant those metal piles they pushed in, those were just temporary.

Bad Decisions Make Good Stories. wrecked
04-09-2013, 08:25 AM
I've been told that they screwed it up and that looks about right to me. I assumed they were going to make a wall on the upstream side of the launch with some of that big rock they had, but now I think they are done. It looks like its going to be worse to load now than it was before. Instead of having the current behind you it looks like it will be pushing you sideways. Awesome! Also heard they were between 3 and 4 million into it. What a joke.
04-09-2013, 08:38 AM
I might have to drive down there today and have a look. There are some guys from GP that are going to try using it tomorrow. I will ask them how it was and report back.

Has anyone from FSJ used it yet? (I heard there have been)

04-09-2013, 08:45 AM
(04-09-2013 08:38 AM)REPO Wrote:  I might have to drive down there today and have a look. There are some guys from GP that are going to try using it tomorrow. I will ask them how it was and report back.

Hey Repo...curious to know what it is exactly you guys are doing for a launch? It's been a ongoing battle here with the town and they keep asking me if I know of any other town or city going threw it....any info would be great or I could PM you my number if you got time to BS?

─░mage
04-09-2013, 08:49 AM
(04-09-2013 08:45 AM)Arthur Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 08:38 AM)REPO Wrote:  I might have to drive down there today and have a look. There are some guys from GP that are going to try using it tomorrow. I will ask them how it was and report back.

Hey Repo...curious to know what it is exactly you guys are doing for a launch? It's been a ongoing battle here with the town and they keep asking me if I know of any other town or city going threw it....any info would be great or I could PM you my number if you got time to BS?

We we as a group are not doing anything per say. BC Hydro owns the launch, and they are the ones that are re-building it, as the old one was in poor condition. Of course, being a large corporation, they did the full engineering study, etc. Then began work in October and were supposed to be done by end of November. Well now its April, and they are still not finished. I have heard they are well over $5M into it now, and its still not going to be a GREAT launch.

I guess if I can get my boat in and out of the water without pulling off a trailer axle, that will be somewhat beneficial. Confused

04-09-2013, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2013 09:18 AM by Dodgeman.)

As of now they still have their fence across the road and security there 24/7. Haven't talked to them at all, but not sure if they are even allowing public access. I only live a km away, maybe I'll run down there and talk to them today, I'm kinda itchin to hit the water. If I do I'll post what I find out.
04-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Dodgeman or Repo is there any way you could post a picture if you go down there?
04-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Went down to the launch to see what I could see and was lucky enough to run into a manager or supervisor from Dunne Za Ventures on the way in. First off, the launch is not currently available for use and he didn't know for sure when it will be, but it sounded like at least a few days. I asked him about the break wall that doesn't exist on the upstream side of the launch and he said they have argued repeatedly with Hydro and apparently they cannot leave anything existing in place that is higher in elevation than the launch pad. He had some awesome ideas of how it should have been built, but Dunne Za had to build according to Hydro's plans. Apparently Hydro would have to get more permits to have the break wall built. I was told Bob Gammer(not sure on the spelling) is Hydro's local contact for us to complain to. I snapped a couple pics I will try and put up, can't seem to get them to attach to this post.
04-09-2013, 11:06 AM
(04-09-2013 11:02 AM)Dodgeman Wrote:  Went down to the launch to see what I could see and was lucky enough to run into a manager or supervisor from Dunne Za Ventures on the way in. First off, the launch is not currently available for use and he didn't know for sure when it will be, but it sounded like at least a few days. I asked him about the break wall that doesn't exist on the upstream side of the launch and he said they have argued repeatedly with Hydro and apparently they cannot leave anything existing in place that is higher in elevation than the launch pad. He had some awesome ideas of how it should have been built, but Dunne Za had to build according to Hydro's plans. Apparently Hydro would have to get more permits to have the break wall built. I was told Bob Gammer(not sure on the spelling) is Hydro's local contact for us to complain to. I snapped a couple pics I will try and put up, can't seem to get them to attach to this post.

Send me the pictures and I will post them if it doesn't work for you.